Over the years, the humble hairdryer has become a valuable tool when it comes to drying and styling hair. However, these days the hairdryer is not so humble as there are so many different variations available. From basic models through to infrared dryers, you will find all sorts of hairdryer options on the market today.
When looking for the best hairdryer for you, there are a number of different things that you need to consider. This will make it far easier to make an informed choice about the blow dryer you purchase.
Important considerations when making your choice
In order to ensure you choose the best hair dryer for your needs, you should take a number of considerations into account before you make your purchase. Some of the key ones include:
- Your budget: You need to make sure you know your maximum budget so that you can look for blow dryers that are within your price range. The cost of hair dryers can vary based on the make, model, features, and even where you buy it from. If you only need a basic one, you can pick them up quite cheaply these days while the more advanced ones will cost more money.
- The power of the dryer: You should also consider what sort of power you want the hairdryer to have. Some people prefer not to have too much heat treatment on their hair while others want something powerful enough to get it dry as fast as possible. The higher the wattage, the more powerful the dryer will be.
- The weight of the hairdryer: If you plan to travel with your hairdryer, you may also want to take the weight of the item into consideration. Of course, you can get travel hairdryers but these tend to be very basic. If you want to travel with a more advanced model, it is well worth checking the weight.
- Your hair type: Different hair dryers tend to suit different hair types. This is, therefore, another important consideration. Hairdryers with ionic functions are great for straight hair while those with diffusers are ideal for curly hair. If your hair is frizzy, a hairdryer with a fine nozzle can help to maintain control.
- The features of the dryer: Unless you are looking for a very basic hairdryer, you should also check the features of the dryer to ensure they meet your needs. Some are high tech models such as infrared dryers for a glossier finish while others will come with a range of attachments. Some even have a nourishing technology to calm and nourish the hair while it is being dried.
Now that there are so many different hairdryers on the market, it has become more important to look at the different features and specifications carefully before you make your choice. This will ensure you find a dryer that is within your price range and will enable you to dry your hair so that it looks its best.